Monday, June 28, 2010

The Verdict is IN...







The Good Wife. I fought hard against liking this show. I don't know why I like it, but I do. Hmmmm, could it be the dreamy Josh Charles???

First and foremost, I don't have cable. So it's a challenge to find something on the telly that is not jammed with bad laugh tracks.

It's kind of like a game for me, to find something to watch, the few little hours that I am at home. The winners on my list are re-runs of Fraiser and Cheers. It's still very good!

For newer shows, I think the Good Wife is getting higher marks on my list. I hated the idea that this woman stood by her cheating dumbass husband, when she was so publicly humilated by his adventures. I started to re-watched the show and I see such strength in her character. As an actress, it's a huge starring role to play. Put that aside, it is well written because (even as a scoffed at the tv) I re-evaluate and think, damn, would I be strong like her? Her high-profile friends left her side, her jerk-off husband is in jail (It's Big from SATC), and she has to go back to work at a new law firm as a Junior Associate, (she was a big time attorney before she married the DUMBASS CHEATER). Knowing that she will only be hired on if she out-bills another Junior Associate. That guy is a little ass-wipe but that's another blog. Then you get to meet her kids, not bratty and a new no-nonsense co-worker chick who becomes her only real friend. And the two partners of the firm, one lady (friend of Meryl who plays in Mamma Mia, C.Baranski) and a dude partner, Josh Charles OMG(Dead Poet's Society). He has a soft spot for her since they worked together when they were aspiring attorneys. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, he's the one that gave her this job. Another, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Then she gets even stronger (but not done in a cheesy fashion) and starts to open up her eyes. Realizing that she got a raw deal. She's pissed (loving this) and, and, and, hopefully she falls for Will (Josh). Hmmmmmmmm, getting good but then again, there's so many times that I just wished George Clooney would come in and swoop her off her feet (since they dated in the ER shows).

Could Will possible replace House for me? (I know I am a dork but...)

No comments:

Post a Comment