Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Everybody's Changing





This has been the most hectic two weeks so far...
Ready for Independence Day to get a day off.
In trial against BP.
We need a good day in trial. Prayers.

Worried about potential hurricane. (will miss Houston this time)

Penny, she's getting more tired;-( Prayers

I am tired.
Feeling annoyed that I have to deal with daily Bullsh-t.

Then I read anh Vinh's wonderful update to the family:

Amanda walked away from us at around 8:30 in the morning, we+all the West Point parents tour the Academy and by 6:30pm all 1387 2014 new cadets march out with their uniform (male head shave, female hair up), no contacts, all that wear glasses have new glasses that all look the same(I guess they have them made in advance, they have to send in a complete health history/record 3 months earlier) anyway I have it on video, it was just amazing 10 hours earlier they all walked in as civilian and 10 hours later all of they already march together.
Later.

Pretty intense for family and the cadets.
I just think, what a huge friggin' commitment.
The guts in these kids who are making a difference.

I can't stop tearing up. (At the office, door closed)

My brother, his wife, how proud they are yet, I know it
probably hurts like hell to let her go. I can't find her in the oath
pictures taken yesterday.

I think, Amanda wearing those thick glasses, I know
how she said she would not like them. How
one friend said, "Oh the BCG ones?"
birth control glasses
It made me smile but the tears,
it's still there.

You know, I think, why am I crying?

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same

In the end, it's all good, right? It has to be.
Has to be...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Amber said she started crying during the 90 seconds. She said it was so quick and unexpected.

    ReplyDelete