Monday, September 27, 2010

Under the weather



It all started this past Friday, while I laid in bed, telling myself, "YOU are NOT sick," I woke up Saturday, SICK...
Darn it, this sux balls!

But then I watched tv (I am too cheap to have cable) and was very happy that I got lucky. Viggo Mortensen had a movie on channel 26 or 39 at 11:00 am. Have you heard of Yakuza? Well, if it wasn't for me being in love with Viggo (LOTR Aragon, Hidalgo, History of Violence)this movie would be so bad. How bad? Let's see, so bad that the villian of the Karate Kid (the one with Daniel-san not Will Smith's kid)was in this movie.
So the next movie was Red Planet. Yes, I had a crush on Val Kilmer way back when he was Doc Holiday. Well this movie sux too. It was about going to Mars and trying to find oxygen for earth. Had a great cast but sux, sux, sux. It had that Trinity chick from the Matrix, Benjamin Bratt (Julia Robert's ex), A guy from Reservoir Dogs and Simon Baker (The Mentalist guy who thinks he is God's gift to women). Should have been decent but it was so depressing watching an orange screen of rocks. Probably filmed the darn movie in Arizona.

Then I feel asleep only to wake up and watch the new Hawaii Five-O. Jack-Pot. It was good. (Or was it since I saw two low budget movies? hmmm) As a kid, I loved Hawaii Five-O. Just loved McGarrett and the whole cop and robbers, which lead me to Tom Selleck in Magnum PI...Yikes, I digressed, let me back track. Okay, the new cast was fun and this tv show has a huge budget, thought I was watching a movie! In the end, after 55 minutes, I finally got to hear the line I loved as a kid, "Book'em Dano!"


Then came Tom Selleck's new cop show. I flipped the staion. Sorry Tom. I watched the new show Chase. Kinda cheesy but, it is suppose to be based in Houston, TX. It mentioned River Oaks onced and made it look as if San Antonio was very close to Houston. Like a quick car ride, whatever...

To end the night I saw SNL. It was good except for Katy Perry. WTF???? She's not a great performer, at least not a dancer. And as for the guys, I don't see what is so special about her freaking eyes. To make matters worse, she was featured on the Today show on Sunday morning. At freaking 7:30 am in the morning there was this Katy Perry chick again. I learned that she wanted to be an Amy Grant but couldn't. The studio changed her name to Perry instead of her real last name Hudson. Okay, then it only got worse. In the evening, after the Texan's lost to the Cowboys, (I can see Thomas grinning, enjoy Thomas, enjoy!) I saw Ty Pennington's Extreme Makeover. I screamed, yes, I screamed out of pure disgust, freaking Katy Perry was on the friggin show! Vomit.

So then Amazing Race comes on, first show of the season and there's a father and son (Asian) team from Sugarland, Texas. I am rooting for them but I don't think they will make it far. But go blue team! There's a team that they call the Team Glee. Yes, they were singing when they were competing. I already can't stand the dating tattoo couple, they are ROCKS! I felt bad for the girl Claire, she got hit in the face, full force with a small watermelon. Ouch!

Loved it that the couple who were in first place for the first challenge, ended up getting booted off the show. They were so cocky when they won and when they were in last place, uhmmmm, they weren't so cocky anymore. So satisfying.

So that was my weekend, Sick cough, bad movies, good tv shows. Since I don't have cab;e, I got a friend to record Dexter and Weeds for me. So, that's what I am doing tonight, with a little less coughing.
;-)

1 comment:

  1. JUST FELT YOU SHOULD KNOW..SIMON BAKER IS IN FACT RATHER A SHY GUY ,IN REAL LIFE,,HE IS A HAPPILY MARRIED MAN WITH 3 CHILDREN,NOT SOME HOLLYWOOD, BIG HEADED..##############
    ASSUME YOU ARE NOT A FAN.AND THAT AS YOU WERE UNWELL,,YOUR JUDGEMENT WAS IMPAIRED,,I WOULD HOWEVER AGREE RED PLANET,,WAS A NON STARTER,,

    ReplyDelete