Friday, September 10, 2010

My Granny


She's gone.

I know, I know, she's in a better place...

But, but, but she's the most beautifully strong woman I ever loved.

She's my grandmom and I am feeling very selfish right now. I am sad for myself.
I am heart-broken that if I ever have children, they will never enjoy the love I felt for having her as a grandmother. The cakes and flan that she made for us. The joy she has when her grandchildren hugs her. Granny's talent for knitting and helping us get a yes, when mom and dad already said, "NO!"

I will miss her sense of style.

I know my grandmother loved all her grandbabies and great/grand-babies. But who will tell me she loves me best, even if she turns around and tells it to the next grandchild. The fact that she was in tune to make me feel so special.

My grandmother's smile, oh so elegantly regal.

Sigh...

(This is one of my all time favorite picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment