Thursday, September 9, 2010

Something NEW





Yippee, you will not believe the luck I am having at Home Depot. Great luck.
This particular vanity I have been eyeing at for 6 months. Debating for a cheaper version, but not happy. Wanted a modern looking vanity, but too costly. Then bam!
The vanity that I initially wanted went on sale for 75% percent off! It was originally $199.00 and now $75.00(tax included). Home depot stopped carrying this style. Did I possibly get that lucky? I had to buy it right there and then. It is real wood too, instead of particle wood. Yes!

The downer of it is it is not a complete set, I now have to purchase a vanity top (sink) for it. But with such a huge discount, the vanity top will still be in my budget, yet I actually got the vanity I wanted. Wow, sometimes it is worth the wait!!! Do I get the new modern sink? Or do I get a square sink? Decisions, decisions.

I now need to decide on a new bath tub. I do not want fiber glass, want the old fashion metal over enamel. Last longer without cracks. I need a new toilet too. Hate the thought of sitting on a 20 year old toilet. Ewwwwww

I need to pick out the tiles to go around the tub. I currently like the tumbled stone look in my other bathroom, but I can't do the same tile for this bathroom, can I? The tumbled stone is a neutral color and I like it, but I should be adventurous and pick something else, right? Do I go for the larger 12inch look? It is now just small white tiles but it just feels gross, because I know it is OLD!

Then I have to pick out another tile for the bathroom floor because I knocked out the old tiles. Mainly because it I can't match these tiles to add for the space underneath the vanity. So it was easier to get some new tiles that will help make my vanity , "pop."

No comments:

Post a Comment