Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Magically FUGLY

Did anyone see the movie The Call?

After seeing the Halle Berry and Abigail Breislin do the talk show circuits, I made up my mind that I was going to see the movie. It wasn't as good as Taken, but who is going to be better than Liam?

Well, Halle Berry was not bad at all in this flick and that girl Abigail can act quite well. About a 911 caller (Berry) getting a call from a kidnapped girl (Abigail). This was a 3pm show and most of the people were forty and sixty year old on a Friday. Funny that the women @ the theatre were screaming instructions towards the kidnapped girl on movie screen. Yes, it did happen..It made it all the more entertaining for me.

Not to give anything away...By the time the movie was over, everyone kinda looked at each other and just laughed... and laughed...It took me for a roller coaster and at the end, laughter was the best medicine.If you can resist tearing the movie apart with questions of "Why this & why not that...."You should go see it.

Of course, I have two major gripes about this movie...Can Halle Berry's hair be anymore distracting? It was just awful!

And I just didn't need to see Little Miss Sunshine in her bra....

In keeping with Little Miss Sunshine....I saw another movie, Double Feature,
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone with Steve Carrell & Alan Arkin...
Interesting enough were both in Little Miss Sunshine (About to blog about this next time).

This movie is like the Anchorman for Magicians. I enjoyed poking fun of the Vegas magicians. Example Chris Angel is Mind Freak, and in this movie Jim Carrey is the Steve Gray-Brain Rapist...
I don't know why that cracks me up, but it does.
It is such a stupid silly movie, that it's fun enough to watch. It's as if Michael Scott became a magician, makes oodles of mistakes but somehow finds his way to your heart to overlook his stupidity and give him another chance.  Plus, if you like Steve Bucesmi (Bad teeth dude from Reservoir Dogs), you should give it a chance. Just a silly movie on a lazy day.

Hollywood formatted that these movies are, I did laugh out loud , numerous times.So I guess I have to say, give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment