Monday, July 23, 2012

Pimples @ 40?

For the last three weeks...My face has zits...The ones that hurt...The ones that look gross on the face. So I took a picture to remind myself and humiliate-humble myself to starting a new goal.
I know my entire family has been ultra supportive and I think it's time again to use them again...hee hee

For Katie's wedding, I made up my mind that I didn't want to purchase a moo-moo dress. Yes, vanity took the best of me. I started my eating healthy (cut out bread for 5 months). I focused on eating more Vietnamese food and took up cooking most of my meals, except for the pho. I only cheated with a smaller portions of dessert. (yummy)

To make my long miserable journey a bit shorter for you...I lost exactly 50 lbs the day before Katie's wedding. Oh my GOD. What a struggle. But it was worth it. Please know that I have always struggle with my weight and I know that sometimes I feel..."Just eff it" & "What's the use"...But then I look at pictures of me and I just want to vomit. I know I am not skinny, by any means but I did feel very happy that I lost the weight hat has been killing my back but gave me a happier sense of myself wneh I didn't cringe @ a photo of me (as much).  I know I have a long way to go but I am trying once again.

As happy as I was...I ate non stop for the last month and a half and stopped walking memorial park, completely.  I have gained 20 lbs back. SO easy to gain. I love food.

Anyways, back to the pimples. I went to the doctor to see what the "heck?"
Basically it's my fast weight gain that is throwing things out of whack. UGHHHHHHHH
I tell you this weight is a severe pain in my big ass!

So with suggestions of Lisa and Chi Trang, I am putting up another goal for myself.
To lose that double chin and pimples in that picture I just posted. EWWWWWWWW

Wish me luck guys. And if you see that I am eating chips...Smile like Chi La, and offer me fruit instead.

I thank everyone for their support. It means a lot to me. A LOT!
Yes, on top of the vanity issue, I do want my health to improve. I am blessed with pretty good genetics from Mom & Dad...So the potential high blood pressure is pretty much...My fault, my love of food, good or bad.......

3 comments:

  1. Do it!! Post pictures on the refrigerator to remind yourself. Don't go on those crazy low-carb diets because it's hard to sustain. When modifying your diet, take baby steps. Eat what you like, just smaller portions. And stay away from the calorie dense foods, e.g. alfredo sauce. Have a cheat day.

    And exercise! Get RunKeeper. Track your progress and push to improve every time you walk/run. Just do it!!

    If you need any help, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jimmy!!! Yeah, one cheat day, instead of five...SO hard! BUT I am on it again.

    ReplyDelete