Monday, August 18, 2014

F BOMBs

Yes I live in Texas.
Yes, Houston always has a high humidity.
But come on, it never gets old to say it's hot.
I mean seriously, it's "effing" hot!

Being as it may, and I can't quite change mother nature's ways.
I had to alternate my patterns to getting fit. No, I have deduce that I may NEVER
be fit, but I don't want to be fat either. (It's ok to use that word)

Tried going to memorial park around 8:30 pm (it's at least a thirty minute drive)
and finishing around 9:45 to 10 pm is ok except for the fact that it's a drive and a tad too late to be doing
this on my own, although there are still a lot of people @ 8:30pm but by the time I finished, it's pretty empty except for the hard core runners.

Tom Bass park is great except I feel rushed by 7:45 pm because the constable is on their horns every ten minutes,saying , "park with close soon", a whole hour and 15 minutes before the park actually closes. So it totally ruins the walk for me and there is absolutely no lights, so it does get a bit spooky.

I have tried doing this before work. It's a great idea but I just do not wake up early enough to do three miles, go home and wash hair and get ready for work.

Rice has a nice trail but parking sux and there's no lights other than street lights, so that option is out.

This weekend Robert had to find a new trail to jog for the fall since his schedule is changing and his jogging trail has no lights either. He suggested Hermann Park since it's right in the middle from our jobs.

We woke up @ 5:30am (toooooooooooo early for me) to be @ Hermann park to test out the lights for our evening jogs (more like walking for me).  There's a lot of homeless people in the morning sleeping and showering in the splash pads (it kinda grossed me out).

It was a nice change and I might use this trail with him...But I am a creature of habit. I personally like the Memorial trail best. It's something I am comfortable with and I am use to the trails and feel safer there.
And this whole getting fit, it's the first time I have a supporting partner that is willing to do this with me and is serious, if not more disciplined and eager to help than I can ever be. It's just nice. But...

Yes there's a but.... I do not looking like death becomes me in front of him. I do not want him to see my belly jiggle.. ;-)

All in all, it was a successful trial run with the new trail. I love the camaraderie and he likes the runkeeper app a lot. (Between you and I, cause he doesn't know I blog random things) This runkeeper app is so cool for him, he's an ultra quiet guy in general, except with me, and he acts like a grown up way too much..But when either Melissa or Chi Trang gives him a "heart" or a positive comment on his running performances. He lights up or calls me from his office and tells me, chi Trang thinks I kick ass...lol
It makes me so happy to see him re-act with genuine boyhood machismo. It's good to see him feel young again. And in return, it makes me happy.

But this whole heat and trying to up my slowing metabolism in this Houston Heat..Enough already...I'm tired, bring in that artic cool breeze. I rather walk in 30 degrees than this 100 degree FUCKING bullshit weather.


Bye for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment