Monday, August 13, 2012

OUCH

Appendectomy anyone?

I wasn't in huge pain but concerned enough to go to the doctor when I typed in right lower pain... Appendix pulled up immediately. Reading what I Googled, I was more concern if I ignored it. It was hurting me over the weekend. Off to the doctor I went.

For some strange reason, I emailed Lisa,saying something to the effect, hey I may have an appendix problem. Sure enough, being in the office, the doc touched me and pretty much made arrangements for me to go to an emergency satellite of Methodist.No time to think.

Yup, surgery on the same day. I didn't even call Chi Trang until the nurse said, I insist you call a family member, you are about to go into surgery. Gulp...So I did and got Anh Vinny. If you gotta get a hold of someone in my family, Anh Vinny generally picks up his phone 99% of the time, the next best person is Anh Vinh 95% and the bronze goes to Austin, 90%. The Nguyen women (me included) are notorious for NOT answering their phones.

A little before 9:40 pm, I went into surgery. I have had two other major surgeries.  My breast reduction, I got to count to the number FOUR and my tonsils, I got to the letter C. This surgery, with "milk" for me to go to sleep, I don't even remember when I was knocked out. It worked that good. No wonder Michael Jackson loved this shit!


Anyways, as far as experiences go, this surgery went relatively easy. Yes, it hurts like heck and without the good pain killers, I dont know how I would be making it.

I did nothing the week I was out, sleep, wake up, take pain killers and sleep again.
I missed two special birthdays, chi La and Lisa! damn drugs...just say NO!

I got to watch the Olympics, which was a life saver since I do not have cable (partly a self inflicted punishment for myself).

Watson and Allie enjoyed me @ home. They sleep SO MUCH! I swear my little doggie should be a cat.

 I am sure I am going to say ouch again when the surgeon bill comes in but as of today, I feel so much better.

Please listen to your body. It is telling you when you get sharp pains. If I waited any longer, the surgery could have been very costly and painful.

How do people do this without insurance. I already know what I owe is about 4K. AND I have insurance. HOLY COW!

So much cheaper to be healthy. There goes my little down payment for a new luxury car. Mr. Mazda, it's gonna be you for a little a while longer. Don't you get sick on me ;-)

Pics... I took a picture of my toes, painted GOLD for the Olympics...But it didn't come out in the picture.
Watson growling when that Willie Wonka song came on.
Took a picture of the flames going out.

Big shout out for my family and friends. Thanks for taking care of me.....Again.....


3 comments:

  1. Oh so glad you listened to your intuition! Glad to hear that surgery went well and you are recovering well. But bummer that you had to miss out on the birthdays...but you had a very GOOD excuse! And cute pics by the way! -Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's crazy. I thought getting your appendix out was only in 90's sitcoms. Never knew it was real.

    ReplyDelete