Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gritty



I absolutely love the new version of True Grit. I didn't want to see it @ the movies and boy, do I wished I saw it on big screen. I never thought I was much of a Jeff Bridges fan, first being introduced to him by cousin Cathy, the movie Star Man and then loving the Big Lebowski...Well I thought why not give True Grit a try, hell, Matt Damon was in it. Couldn't be that much of a waste of time...And it wasn't.

The dialogue was great and the onscreen chemistry was very entertaining. I then rented John Wayne's original version. Again, the dialogue was very similar and of course John Wayne is...well...John Wayne.
I muddle through the movie because I thought it was pretty cool to see the young versions of Dennis Hopper, Robert Duvall and Glen Campbell.
I just wished that the new version had the original versions ending.

The original ending was a bit sweeter and tugged on my heart a bit more.

Spoiler ALERT****************

The new version with Jeff Bridges dying in the end...Nahhhhhhhh
Didn't like it but he was definitely gritty than John Wayne (was that sacrilegious to say?) The lil girl who got older and "unattractive..." ewwwww

2 comments: