Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sweet Dreams


I had a beautiful dream this past Saturday morning.
It's the kind of dream that felt like it lasted for hours and once spoken out loud, it seemed so short but oh so real.

It was an afternoon at my parents home, but it wasn't their home, it was very modern. Metal keeps coming to mind. It was colorful and the whole family was there. TV blaring with sports in the back ground, poker playing & kids running back and forth. At this ultra chic dining table, the girls were talking. Poking at one another, laughing a little too loud, my mom giving us that look that she gives when we sound like jackals cackling. Then comes in my grandmother, hugs me and asks me, "How I was doing?" I smiled, hugged her and woke up crying. Realizing it was only a dream, I still cried? I don't know why, maybe because I didn't want the dream to end?

I failed to mention, everyone in the household was present but visually I only saw the women and nieces. You knew the men were there but I never saw their faces.

I'm still thinking about the dream. It's the only dream I had of Ba since she left and went to heaven. I guess I know she's doing well, heck better than I am, but I can't help but to think how powerful her hugged was in the dream because it has helped me get through this week of taxes and such.

Could she really know how stressed I have been this past two weeks?
How can a hug in my dream help me so much? Am I Mental? If so, oh well, could be worse. Right?

Dream Meanings of some symbols in my dream (of course I don't know if one should trust the internet..)

A friendly hug signifies relief from worry, but a passionate hug predicts an important change.

Chair
An opportunity to rest, relax, stop, think, or wait for what's next—or whatever else you tend to do in a chair.

GRANDMOTHER : Grandmothers can of course simply link to themselves and so if some important issue is involving them right now then you maybe thinking about them. But they can also be symbolic. They can link to the passage of time in some way. A grandmother may link to your assessment of how well or badly your experience of something has been going. Its essentially then symbolic of some review of your experiences.

SISTERS : Sisters are usually a fairly reliable symbol. First try to relate the issue to some issue involving your sister. If there are none then the appearance of your sister is entirely symbolic. Sisters link to the ways that sisters behave. They talk and explore emotions in an open way. They are fairly honest and show you starting to think in new ways emotionally. They can show that some painful issue is now been accepted. They may show you been more honest with yourself about some health problem. They also symbolise moments when you start to explore new ideas and think freely on a particular subject. For instance they will capture moments when you think "well actually I do tend to lose my temper easily".

Dreams of brothers -- whether real or figments of a dream -- generally indicate you're ready for exploration, alternatives and new ways of experiencing the world. If your life is chaotic, seek stability. If you're living a safe, perhaps boring life, take yourself out of your comfort zone. The more you dream of a brother, the more acute your need to "leave" -- even if it ultimately means you "come back.

1 comment:

  1. From the sound of it, that's not the worst interpretation of dream motifs I've seen.

    At the end of it all, maybe it was a bit sad, but I'm sure it was a dream you were glad you had.

    ReplyDelete