Monday, July 14, 2014

World Cup

Watched the World Cup.
I really wanted Luke's team to win.
Of course I really wanted England (that hope was dashed almost immediately) to win but Argentina came in second.

This is my 3rd World Cup that I have followed and as each year passes, I generally have more passion in the events.
As a young girl, I remember dad listening to the old brown leather radio and it was usually a soccer game on the am station. Then around maybe seven/eight years old, I remember watching Victory with chi Ha, chi Tram and chi Trang. That had Pele and Sylvester Stallone playing soccer for their lives.

Then David Beckham came into my life and I was hooked on "football". So hooked that I even watched the soap opera Footballer Wives back in 2006. (So lame yet I loved it)

Flash forward: Yesterday was so much fun until Germany scored. I had hopes all the way until the missed goal by Messi.

I had an instant tear and then I saw other Argentinians cry. Man, somehow I felt their angst.
None the less, Danielle and Robert called me out on my sentimental shenanigans and I did not continue.

I was in the kitchen because I was too nervous to sit by the end of the game.
Beckham and Sons rooted for Argentina. I still love Beckham...
;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment