Monday, July 7, 2014

Wet & Wild

This July 4th, spent with family was exactly what I wanted.
It was a little weird not to have Anh Vinh's family around, they were out of town with Chi La's side of the family.
(I guess we have to be fair to share ...)

I thought it was going to be just Melly, Dan, Robert and I popping fireworks.
When purchasing the fireworks, I only purchase apprx 33% the amount I normally have in the previous years.
I only play with sparklers so why buy so many....WRONG.....

To my pleasant surprised we had more family members.
Vien's family, Lisa's and Madison and Adam came as well.


Uhhmmmm DAMMIT.... I wished I purchased more...
Let's begin with how men will be boys when it came to fireworks.
Dan had all his goodies in the living room and the fireworks I purchased were still in
my car since it was raining.
About 8 o clock Robert looks at me and says, "Thu, it's like Christmas exploded in the living room
(referencing the fireworks) and I'm the kid with no presents."
I was like huh?
So I brought the stuff in the house.
Upon looking at the his stash, he then said, "Ms. Nguyen, I hope I have big explosions like what Dan has..."
Boys will be boys...
Side bar:  Dan purchased a crap load of fireworks and he had some so huge that it would set off car alarms.


The rain only stopped when we were out of fireworks to pop. Go figure....
We played charades til midnight and we all called it quits after that.

Great evening...










1 comment: