Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Musically Outraged

For the last two weeks I have been humming to this one particular song I hear on the radio.
It makes me smile and this morning, with the wind picking up and the weather getting cooler, I was in the greatest spirits.

I mentioned to a much younger co-worker that there is this song I really like and for the life of me, I can't make out the lyrics. All I can make out is the words
"All the kids with the pumped up kicks..."

Of course I asked her what the hell that means...
(Costly sneakers, cool sneakers, something like that)

Anyways, she mentioned that she liked the song too and well, neither one of us could make the lyrics.

Why I don't google everything is beyond me because of course Google had the answer.

WOW...
I do NOT like the lyrics. It is horrendously MORBID!

Such a great tune but...... ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
All I can think of is this Damien wild child running around trying to kill me. No thanks!
(After I wrote this, I googled more and , well, I am not the only one freaked out by the lyrics. Geez, I hate to sound like I jumped on the bandwagon, but whatever!!!)

HERE ARE THE LYRICS to such a poppy tune....
Robert's got a quick hand.
He'll look around the room, he won't tell you his plan.
He's got a rolled cigarette, hanging out his mouth he's a cowboy kid.
Yeah he found a six shooter gun.
In his dads closet hidden in a box of fun things, and I don't even know what.
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you.

[Chorus x2:]
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun.
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet.

Daddy works a long day.
He be coming home late, yeah he's coming home late.
And he's bringing me a surprise.
'Cause dinner's in the kitchen and it's packed in ice.
I've waited for a long time.
Yeah the slight of my hand is now a quick pull trigger,
I reason with my cigarette,
And say your hair's on fire, you must have lost your wits, yeah.

RUN RUN RUN RUN

1 comment:

  1. I discovered the same thing last week..song was playing, then someone asked me if I really heard the lyrics...of course I didn't pay attention until then.

    ReplyDelete