Friday, July 2, 2010

Anne & Penny




Borrowed this picture from Mel. It is lovely, isn't it?

Had to share, because it helps me get through the day.

From People who knew and loved Penny:

Hey family,

You guys have all been so sweet to Penny for the past 8 years. It has actually been 8 years to the day (July 1, 2002) since Anne got Penny, but she passed away very peacefully at Chi Thu's house tonight. She was diagnosed with a heart condition more than a year ago, so she was very strong to have lasted this long. She always got the best care from every one who took care of her and she loved the family. Everyone was always so nice to her and seemed to go a little out of their way to show her some attention - especially Chi Thu, who gave her unbelievable care and attention, and who made her happy until the very last day. She was truly a sweet, nutty, and incredibly perfect dog.

This may sound silly but if she could talk I know she would say thank you to everyone for sneaking her treats and being so kind to her.

David


Dear Thu, Lisa, Mel and David,

How precious you all are!!! My Granddog, Penny, had the best life. Please send me the picture of the big family at Canyon Lake with Penny. It was a tie between Penny and Thu on who had the biggest smile. I want to look again at that picture that Mel showed me.

So, today is Penny's birthday. I shed some tears with Greg when David called last night. Then I called Rachel and she too shed some. This morning I told Grace and she shed some. She said she had been hoping to see Penny. We have good memories of her. She would sit on one of my couch cushions to wait for Anne or David. I still have her sleeping cushion for the last 4 and a half years.

I had lunch with Rachel and I said how wonderful it was that Anne had been so close to your family. What a wonderful loving family you are! She had once thought we had too many children, but she let that idea go after meeting David, the 8th of 9. I immediately loved Mai before I met her. Mel, you are so special being the 9th child. I praise the Lord for you. For all of you Nguyens.

Thu, Penny was especially blessed to have you there in her last moments. Perhaps she is with Anne now. As God wills. And that she got to go camping the week before. How special is that!! Anyone who knows your family feels the love. I treasure our connection; though it is not often it is solid and golden.

We hope to share our joys and sorrows, for you are our loved ones.
Love,
Mary Anne Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment