Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What is it? Is it legal?


Ahhhhhh, it's the best buy in the world! Purchased this in Hell's Kitchen Flea Market early in the morning. It was a hot morning. I was sweating and now had to carry this thing, without a bag, back to the hotel. As I was walking, I thought, how crazy am I, to buy a friggin light fixture on vacation!

Secondly, how the heck am I gonna take this home? It's too fragile to check it.
So I decided to carry it as a carry on luggage.
Of course, I got stopped. It was inspected by three gloved Homeland Security Officials. Yes, I said three.
One wouldn't let me touch it while he was "investigating." They asked me what it was, why I purchased it and if it had illegal substance. Of course it didn't have illegal shit, but if it did, was I suppose to admit that to them? Please, get real. Stupid question. One official took a flashlight to it, looking at its screws. Finally, it got "swabbed" with a white cloth with a chemical, to make sure there were no traces of any illegal substance.

It passed.

Now, if only it will look good in my dining room.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment