Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pink Ladies



Keeping my promise, I got the supplies ready for Amber and her friend to add a splash of color to her room on Sunday.

Amber originally chose to paint the room ORANGE (Hook'em)
but changed her mind (probably my tone when I said, "Orange?")
to pink.

As I was at Home Depot with a friend: This "loco" Home Depot Lady asked if she could help me. I told her what I wanted, Enamel Behr Paint with the color selection of Pink Lemonade. She said, "Wait here and I will get it."
I waited only five minutes.
A nice guy came by and asked if we had been helped.
I said yes and told him that a lady had helped us.
He just smiled and said, okay, let me help you. Weird, but, okay.
Repeated my conversation and he got the paint and mixed it.
As he stepped away to help someone else, the same lady came back, looked at me right in the eyes and asked me, "Can I help you?" Annoyed at me because I said, "no thank you." I swear to GOD she did!

I always have crazy things happen to me, and when I tell someone the story, it seems as if I exaggerated. Today, I had a witness to my stories... there's not an ounce of embellishment;-)
We both laughed so hard as she walked away, not helping anyone else.
Poor guy worked the whole station by himself.

Back to the painting process...Aaron and his friend helped for 5 minutes and quikly realize it was hard work. They vanished to run around the house. However, Anh Vinh decided to add some entertainment. As the girls and I were painting and deciding how to keep Amanda's part of the room intact, Anh Vinh thought it was funny to wear a monster mask and scare the shit out of me! Yikes.

We didn't complete the room yet. Since I had a crazy busy week at work, I couldn't finish but plan on doing it soon. I think she will like the finish product. Hmmmm, she needs a ceiling fan in that room.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment